Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Raising Awareness of our Awareness

Today I'm committed to raising awareness that we have enough awareness-raising campaigns. How much more information do Americans need to have before we help someone? How many more people do we need to interview to before we do something? How many more books do we need to read? The more news Americans get about people dying and starving in some third-world country, the more we callous our feelings to the brutalities of life.

Our issue isn't a lack of information, it's a lack of care.

I'll take one person who actually does something to help in a crisis over a dozen who "raise awareness" from the comfort of their computer chair.

2 comments:

Brian said...

A-MEN Brotha'! This is so true. I got another one for you...I will take one person committed to PUTTING their ideas into action over 100 people with grand ideas and no action.

The Paasch-inator said...

Hmmm... I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel the same.