Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Only Type of Acrobatics I'll Ever Attempt


Jay Pemberton (left) and I stand in front of a Stearman Biplane.
_______________________________________________


Jay waits next to the two-seated, upgraded Stearman.
_______________________________________________
I got to ride in a Stearman biplane this Friday. We performed "acrobatics not seen since the sea of Chateau" --- or maybe since Thursday. Unfortunately, King Kong was tied up for the weekend, and we didn't have an Empire State Building nearby, so we had to settle for simple loops, rolls, and Cuban 8's.



3 comments:

Brian said...

Jonathan-that is awesome. I would have peed myself doing those things! Good hearing from you and thanks for posting the pics. Mid air pics next time?

Debo said...

Juan, you are the coolest persona I know. But I know nothing whatever about "the only type of acrobatics"?! 'ONLY' you say? What about when you used to jump off the 6 ft block wall on a "blustery" day with a trash bag and sail off into a mist of whimcical New Mexico squalls? which, I might add, only NM can supply. Or, when you used to jump off the roof into a gigantic swell of billowy fathomage that the common refer to as 'pillows?' I mean, come on...Billowy's good right?

Amy said...

Hey Jonathan!!!
So good to hear from you! I am so excited that your time in Washington is going well and that you are getting to pursue your passions and desires. It is so awesome that you actually got to go to school there. I remember you telling me that you were really discouraged because you had no money for flight school and look how God provided! He is faithful! Anyways, great to hear from you and I look forward to more updates on your time in Washington!